Ancelotti says market is “closed” for Real Madrid

first_img Speculation continues over the futures of Angel Di Maria and Sami Khedira, but Ancelotti insisted “nothing has changed [on that front]. They are Real Madrid players. Upd. at 19:22 “I chose other players for the European Super Cup. Only [Toni] Kroos played of those that arrived on August 5. Real Madrid boss Carlo Ancelotti has said the club will not be doing any more business in the summer transfer window. “It will be good for them to play minutes and improve their physical condition.” The Euopean Champions have added Toni Kroos, James Rodriguez and Keylor Navas to their squad so far, and the Italian says they will be the only three players he adds to his squad. Whether that means nobody will be allowed to leave the club is not clear. “Di Maria, Marcelo and Khedira, who all returned late, will get minutes [in Saturday night’s friendly against Fiorentina in Warsaw].center_img 16/08/2014 “The market is totally closed for us now,” he explained. “It will not open again.” Sam Marsden However, he did say that Keylor Navas would make his first appearance for the club against Fiorentina. Ancelotti also confirmed he had not decided who will be his goalkeeper in the upcoming Spanish Supercopa clashes with Atletico Madrid. CESTlast_img read more

David Moyes already looks like arresting Real Sociedad slide

first_img He praised the individual brilliance of Vela but preached the need for teamwork. He wants his team to pass the ball better as well; to keep it. Since taking the challenge on earlier this month Moyes has been very assertive about what he expects from him players and where he wants to take the club. In shorthand it could be perceived as blood, guts and passion, but he also seems aware that the finer aspects of the game shouldn’t be forgotten – passing, technique, control. Moyes’ early days suggest that relaxed atmosphere has completely disappeared. And it seems to be for the better, too. After a week of intense training – which the players have reacted positively to – a Carlos Vela hat-trick helped see off Elche 3-0 on Friday night. Moyes was unimpressed, though. “I am not too pleased with the performance,” the Scot revealed in his post-game press conference. “We made too many mistakes and I expected a better standard from the players.” Sam Marsden CET 29/11/2014 On the pitch, he’s also done all the right things to arrest the slide the club had embarked on under Arrasate. Performances haven’t been sprinkled with glitter, but the players have worked hard and the results have followed. Short-term, things look good. Whether his approach will continue to work in the long-term can, as ever, only be answered by time. Upd. at 18:15 Jagoba Arrasate was 35 when he took on the Real Sociedad job after Philippe Montanier decided to leave the Basque club in 2013, despite guiding them into the Champions League. Qualification to Europe’s top competition had been built on a platform of home-bred talent and it was hoped a coach from within from would prolong the club’s success. When a manager leaves, whispers always follow. Arrasate, it’s been suggested, was too friendly with the players. That’s not necessarily a bad thing, but it supposedly reduced the team’s capacity to work hard and meant standards dropped because the demand wasn’t there from a boss who wasn’t too many years older than some of his players. Perhaps the 51-year-old feels he was too weak at Manchester United. He was hardly a quivering wreck at Old Trafford but he never quite managed to get to grips with the expectations. In San Sebastián things already seem different. He feels like a leader and it’s clear he’s trying to make his mark on the club, to lay out his authority. Arrasate never did that. “I want [the team] to be better, though, because I want to fill the stadium,” Moyes continued. “I want people fighting for tickets and I want the fans to have a team they can be proud of.” Friday’s attendance was 10,000 short of the 33,000 capacity, but the positive spin is that there were more supporters in Anoeta against Elche, for Moyes’ debut, that there were for La Real’s last home game, which was a win against league champions Atletico Madrid. The fact that he’s a former United manager – however it ended – carries weight in Spain and his appointment has been met with an air of fan expectation. And so far he’s saying all the right things to keep those expectations high. He’s even said he’d “love to win the cup” – they’ve got a favourable run to the semi-final, where they should meet one of Atletico, Real Madrid or Barcelona, only one of which will remain by that point. And while there are examples of young managers succeeding in football, Arrasate’s name never looked like joining that short-list. He’d been around la Real since 2010, working at first with the youth team and then as assistant to Montanier, but his know-how didn’t help achieve results. He inherited a side that had come fourth in La Liga; he left David Moyes one which had been knocked out of the Europa League this season to Russian side Krasnodar and were languishing in and around the drop zone in Spain’s top flight.last_img read more

Vicente del Bosque names six Barça players in Spain squad

first_img Sergio Vera Several players are involved in the Champions League final between Barça and Juventus, while the likes of David Silva will be playing in friendly matches for their club.  As for the Chelsea forward, La Roja’s coach wanted to avoid controversy: CEST Sevilla goalkeeper Sergio Rico and Aleix Vidal are the two new faces in the squad.  The national coach included six Barcelona players — Pique, Bartra, Alva, Iniesta, Pedro and Busquets — in his 24-man squad.  Goalkeepers: Iker Casillas, De Gea, Sergio Rico.Defenders: Juanfran, Carvajal, Piqué, Bartra, Ramos, Alba, Bernat.Midfielders: Busquets, San José, Koke, Cazorla, Iniesta, Cesc, Isco, Aleix Vidal, David Silva.Forwards: Nolito, Morata, Alcácer, Vitolo, Pedro.  “We have a key game [against Belarus] and we prefer to have all the players in top condition.” “Diego Costa is a singular issue. He’s just overcome some muscle pain and now is not the time to experiment [with his fitness],” Del Bosque explained.  Spain squad: Del Bosque revealed that the squad will meet up on June 1, although a lot of players will not be able to join the group until June 8.  Upd. at 15:29 The surprise absences were Thiago and Diego Costa. Del Bosque assured that the Bayern midfielder was wanted, but has had a few muscle problems and it wasn’t worth the risk.  Vicente Del Bosque announced his Spain squad for the friendly against Costa Rica (June 11) and the Euro 2016 qualifier against Belarus (June 14) on Tuesday morning.  26/05/2015last_img read more

Cholo’s choice: Fernando Torres or Jackson Martinez?

first_img The Atletico Madrid boss will finalise his side on game day, with a big question mark over the striker spot alongside Antoine Griezmann.  He also doesn’t put much stock in their shaky start to the season, which saw them crushed by Athletic in the Spanish Super Cup.  “We still haven’t decided on the team. We have the decision to make between Jackson and Torres and we’ll do that tomorrow,” said Cholo at his Friday press conference.  11/09/2015 Upd. at 19:57 “It’s been difficult but we have always been competitive. I imagine it’ll be a game when we’re holding our half of the pitch trying to hit them on the break but also giving them a situation when they can try and come at us.” “We haven’t managed to get it exactly on the nail when it comes to Barça,” he explained.  Diego Simeone says he is still to decide whether to pick Fernando Torres or Jackson Martinez up front against Barcelona on Saturday. “Even without playing at their best they have always managed to win,” he said.  Sport EN CEST Barcelona got the better of the Rojiblancos time and time again last season and Simeone says he is still working out the right tactics to face them.  “They haven’t been as consistent as they normally are. They won the Supercup and last season they won the lot. They are serious opposition.”last_img read more

Aleix Vidal doesn’t think Barcelona’s penalty taking is bad

first_img 17/02/2016 “We’re having a really good season in the league and we have a good advantage in the table. We can’t relax and we have to keep going this way.” He didn’t think Suarez’s missed penalty was anything to cry about, even though Barcelona have missed seven of their last 15, Messi’s passed penalty not included. Upd. at 22:31 Sport EN The full-back told Movistar TV after the game: “I played for teams like Sporting and I know that they had a special motivation when playing against Barcelona, so it is really complicated to win these matches. We played well and we deserve this result. Aleix Vidal was pleased with Barcelona’s win over Sporting Gijon because he thinks smaller teams have huge motivation against big sides. CET “I don’t think it should looked upon too badly,” he said. “If we score a lot of goals it’s for a reason.”last_img read more

Robert Fernandez: I’ve followed Kevin Gameiro for years

first_img Speaking on TV3 as he helped analyse Sevilla’s Europa League win over Liverpool, he spoke about the striker who could threaten Barcelona during Sunday’s Copa del Rey final. Sport EN CEST Upd. at 21:48 19/05/2016center_img Barcelona sporting director Robert Fernandez says he has “followed Kevin Gameiro for years”.  “I’ve followed him for years. When I was at Atletico we went to see him and we didn’t sign him. It was a bad decision,” he explained, before noting he went to PSG, where he didn’t play a lot, before joining Sevilla.  He also praised Unai Emery and his team, saying: “They’re a tough team, a team that competes very well.”last_img read more

49 year old boxer passes away due to injuries sustained during bout

first_imgAdvertisement 4vwNBA Finals | Brooklyn Vs1ym4i0Wingsuit rodeo📽Sindre E21h( IG: @_aubreyfisher @imraino ) 6zk4Would you ever consider trying this?😱9nocCan your students do this? 🌚aa4t6Roller skating! Powered by Firework It goes without saying that Boxing is a dangerous sport and it involves two fighters trying to knock each other out. As a result of this, some boxers suffer lifelong injuries and sadly some die because of injuries.Advertisement The American Association of Neurological Surgeons says that almost 90 percent of boxers sustain a brain injury. This becomes more dangerous to especially older boxers.After 35, unless you’re Floyd Mayweather most boxers show signs of decline and after 40 it becomes extremely dangerous for boxers to step inside the ring.Advertisement One such sad instance took place last night when an Italian boxer named Christian Daghio passed away after sustaining injuries in his WBC Asia title fight against Thai boxer Don Parueang last week in Rangsit, Thailand.Advertisement The most disturbing part about this incident is that Daghio was 49 years old. This is not the age at which a fighter should be boxing. Although, there were some legendary boxers who boxed at this age by the likes of Bernard Hopkins, Roy Jones Jr, etc.Christian made his professional boxing debut very late in his career back in 2015 when he was 46 years old and had compiled a record of 10-1(10 KO).We at Sports India Show pour heavy tribute to the departed soul. He died doing what he loved. Our thoughts and prayers are with the family of Christian Daghio. Rest in Peace.Also Read-“I love all my medals and will try to get sixth World Championship gold”- Mary Kom   Advertisementlast_img read more

Willian to Barca while Malcom heads to Chelsea. Swap deal on?

first_imgAdvertisement 8wNBA Finals | Brooklyn Vs7zrv6Wingsuit rodeo📽Sindre E4eg( IG: @_aubreyfisher @imraino ) cjo3Would you ever consider trying this?😱6lozCan your students do this? 🌚lu6wRoller skating! Powered by Firework Willian might opt to join Barcelona in the next summer transfer window and this time the Catalan Giants can use Malcom as a part of the swap deal. Barcelona have repeatedly made three bids in this summer transfer window to rope in Willian from Chelsea. However, the club management of the Blues have not accepted any bid for Willian. Advertisement The scenario might be different from the previous season for the Blues. The 30 year old Brazilian winger’s contract is going to expire at the end of the 2019-20 season. The club management of Chelsea might not wish to extend the contract of Willian after that. So, the Blues might accept the bid for the Brazilian winger in the next summer transfer window. Advertisement  The Catalan Giants are planning to add Malcom in this deal to reduce the transfer fee of the Brazilian winger. Malcom joined the Catalan Giants from AS Roma in this summer transfer window; but he did not get enough opportunities to play for the Catalan Giants. Malcom has only made three appearances so far in this season for Barcelona. So a move is looking imminent for the 21 year old Brazilian winger. Advertisement  Chelsea might be interested to bring in the youngster in their side in the next season. Malcom’s anchor play, ball control and playmaking ability are certainly better than the other players of his age group. So, a move to Chelsea will be a good decision for Malcom as he can get more gametime under the management of Maurizio Sarri. Advertisementlast_img read more

Tyson Fury reveals he hasn’t had SEX in 12 Weeks to focus on Deontay…

first_imgAdvertisement 9crNBA Finals | Brooklyn Vsbrt8jWingsuit rodeo📽Sindre Est( IG: @_aubreyfisher @imraino ) cibtcWould you ever consider trying this?😱xpm4Can your students do this? 🌚4iqh0Roller skating! Powered by Firework Former heavyweight champion Tyson Fury is all set to face WBC heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder at the Staples Center in Los Angeles on Dec. 1 on Showtime and BT Sports PPV.Advertisement Tyson Fury has come a long way from being a bloat fat alcoholic who used to 400 pounds. He was on the verge of suicide and was battling mental health risks. He now in fighting shape and is arguably the best shape of his fighting career.Advertisement He has now revealed that to completely focus on his next big fight against the American champ, he has completely avoided sexual intercourse for twelve weeks.He said: “I don’t want anything to interfere with that. Between men with our power, there is always the danger of brain damage. So no, there has been no sex for 12 weeks.Advertisement “It is rare that you have two giants of 6ft 9in in my case and Wilder at 6ft 7in getting ready to punch each other in the face.“At some point, we are going to hit each other but I am blessed with this sixth sense for seeing danger coming.”To avoid any distractions, even his wife Paris Fury is not present with Tyson.Who do you think wins this heavyweight showdown?Also Read-Heavyweight legend Lennox Lewis tells Anthony Joshua to ‘act like a Champion’ Advertisementlast_img read more

Real Madrid fans rejoice! Marcelo shoots down transfer rumours to Juventus

first_imgAdvertisement mixbq8NBA Finals | Brooklyn Vs5vWingsuit rodeo📽Sindre Eavul23( IG: @_aubreyfisher @imraino ) 4mWould you ever consider trying this?😱3z69sqCan your students do this? 🌚z5Roller skating! Powered by Firework Amidst multiple rumours and speculations of him following his good friend Cristiano Ronaldo to Italy, Marcelo finally broke his silence on a potential transfer to Juventus, mere days ahead of the January transfer window. The Brazilian spoke to Spanish newspaper Club del Deportista, revealing that he ‘never’ considered leaving Real Madrid.Advertisement Real Madrid fans can breathe a sigh of relief as fullback Marcelo shot down any rumours linking him away from Santiago Bernabeu, hinting at possibly finishing his career at the club. The Brazilian’s loyalties were made abundantly clear when he said that he had ‘never’ considered leaving Madrid in his life.Advertisement To Marcelo, playing at Real was the stuff of dreams, something he couldn’t believe could ever happen, even after it happened. The former Fluminense defender thought that it was a joke when he got the news back in 2007 since everything panned out so fast at the time.“I always saw Madrid as a huge club. Then all of a sudden I was part of a team with players I had only seen on television or in video games. It was pretty amazing.”, the Brazilian said.Advertisement On the possibility of a move away from the Spanish capital, the defender said that even if he got 15 minutes per game, he would give his all in that time, but he would never consider leaving the club.The 30 year old has won 4 La Liga titles and 4 UEFA Champions League titles since joining Los Blancos from Fluminense in 2007.Read full article here :https://onefootball.com/en/news/marcelo-never-considered-madrid-exit-amid-juventus-links-en-23216050?variable=20181215Read also :Cristiano Ronaldo to spend two years in prison?Is this star English centre forward on his way to Chelsea? Advertisementlast_img read more